HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752615 Members
4914 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3PAR - How to clloect perfomance status for each volume based on hard drive ( FC, NL, SSD)

mrsr2174
Occasional Advisor

3PAR - How to clloect perfomance status for each volume based on hard drive ( FC, NL, SSD)

Hello All,

How can we collect the perfoamnce status of virtual volume based on disk type.

I mean , i need to collect perfoamance status of volume/volumes for SSD speratly or NL sperately

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3PAR - How to collect perfomance status for each volume based on hard drive (FC, NL, SSD)

You could use statvv but you would have to collect a list of VVs per devtype and add to command line.

Of course statpd -devtype <X> can filter it but ot what you want.

Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: 3PAR - How to clloect perfomance status for each volume based on hard drive ( FC, NL, SSD)

A virtual volume unless it is being used with AO can only span 1 tier of storage SSD, NL,FC

Every 5 minutes data is already being collected (assuming you are at 3.2.1 or above) for each physical disk, each virtual volume, each host, each vlun you just have to use the correct srstat* command to get it

srhistvlun

srhistpd

srstatpd

srstatvv

srstatvlun

Depending on what data you wish from front end ios to back end ios these commands should have what you need.  The CLI reference manual and help command for each command should show many examples.

Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]