1756600 Members
3458 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What should I ask for this Enterprise Storage Array? HP 3PAR 7200

ajagskara
Occasional Visitor

What should I ask for this Enterprise Storage Array? HP 3PAR 7200

OK, so about a month or two ago, I found a guy on CxxxxxList that had a warehouse full of used equipment he compile from liquidating data centers. There was a server rack there that I wanted and asked if I could also buy some 1U and 2U server chassis for me to mess around with (cut up, play around width use for custom water-cooling racks, whatever.

So there were pallets stacked 4 ft high with servers that were plastic wrapped and I grab some a couple that I thought I could use in the future.

So, after getting all the stuff back to my house, I looked at this one "server" (is actually a storage array) and had no idea what it did, I knew it had SSDs in it so I thought at least I could re-purpose those for something else. After posting it on here and getting some comments, I quickly learned that cutting it up would be a bad idea and that I really could not put it to use either, then I learned that it may actually be worth money.

So my plan is now to sell it and use the funds to start my home lab.

My question is, how much should I put it up on the bay for?

Would it make sense to sell thing separately?

it has 2 psu, 2 large controllers? 18 10K 900GB enterprise SSDs and 4 HP 480GB SSDs.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Links to pictures are below.

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: What should I ask for this Enterprise Storage Array? HP 3PAR 7200

System recommended content:

1. HPE 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage Drive Support Reference

2. HPE 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage - Spare Parts

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: What should I ask for this Enterprise Storage Array? HP 3PAR 7200

The value of the product depends on which country you are in, the kind of buyers around, if it is covered in active support contract, licenses enabled, condition of the hardware, and the OS version. Because if the system is not in support contract and running an older OS, it will be very difficult to find all the required legacy software.

As the 3PAR 7000 parts are currently available, the product as a whole is more valuable than splitting into spares.

This product will go complete EoSL (End of Support Life) by Oct 2022. So, please convey to your potential buyer to get into HPE support contract for OS upgrade, hardware upgrade, management software, etc. so that he can use the system for as long as possible.

Please refer the 3PAR 7000 EoSL notice - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00008513en_us&docLocale=en_US

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: What should I ask for this Enterprise Storage Array? HP 3PAR 7200

Hello @ajagskara,

Does that answer what you are looking for?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo