1756997 Members
2061 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Drive Install N4000

Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

Drive Install N4000

I have an N4000 not under contract. I need to replace both drives and re-ignite the box.
Any instructions on how to replace the drives?
I saw a CE do it b4. Looked easy but can't remember how.
UNIX IS GOOD
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Drive Install N4000

If you have the drives in the carriers, just pull out the old drives and insert the new.

If you just have disk drives, you may need to pull the old drives out, take them out of the carriers, put the new ones in the carriers and insert them in the slots.

By the way, the drives are located behind the front cover.
Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

Thanks Patrick,

But do I have to open the top of the box or can I get to it from the rear without opening the top.
UNIX IS GOOD
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Have a look at this manual:
http://docs.hp.com/en/3687/rp7400_customer_hardwaremanual.pdf

No you do not have to open the top of the machine.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Robert,

On the N-class, if I recall correctly, there's an access panel in the middle of the back panel. Loosen the screws, remove the access panel and there are your drives.

Pete

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Yeah, that's it! In the manual Patrick pointed out, click on the adding components chapter and the picture on the first page is exactly what I was describing.

Pete

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Except no access panel, that is.

Pete

Pete
Brad Baron
Frequent Advisor

Torx 15 bit removes a single-screwed down vertical panel and then simply pull out the drive you want to replace. 4 screws (various sized screws hold drive in place to the bracket) to remove drive. Be sure you have the correct type drive. Do a search at main menu >SEA prior ro booting all the way up and you should see your two internal drives. The paths are printed on the panel. Should read A + B drive and the hw path. That is assuming you are referring to the internal drives of the N4000.

Good luck!