1754284 Members
3033 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP9000 J210 "FLT 7005"

Justin Fisher
Occasional Contributor

HP9000 J210 "FLT 7005"

I have just replaced a failed motherboard in one of my unix servers. Upon rebooting the machine I get "FLT 7005" on the front panel LCD at which time the system hangs and will not boot. I have placed a call in to HP support but was hoping on getting luck in the forum (so to speak). Anyone have any ideas on this.
"Find the job you love and you will never work another day in your life."
3 REPLIES 3
paul courry
Honored Contributor

From the manual...............

Major Code 7: Memory Subsystem Codes

FLT 7005 Processor/Memory bus parity fault

Try the following:

1. Is the cover on? On at least the K-class boxes a loose cover over the CPU's causes a failure to seat on the CPU's.

2. Reseat the CPU and try again. Also recheck the memory if it is installed directly onto the motherboard and not a carrier. Use a ruler to check for perfect insertion. FYI sometimes reseating the memory several times will cause the small amount of corrosion causing the problem to be dislodged.

3. Reboot several times. A single failure is not a cause to replace a board.
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

Justin Fisher
Occasional Contributor

I have reseated all of my components and the flt 7005 was still occuring. I started swapping out simm pairs and eventually found that I may have a bad pair. I removed the pair and now the system is booting normally. I now need to enter a new LAN ID to the system and can't figure out where I need to do that. I have interupted the boot sequence and have found where I can view the information in the COnfiguration menu. Does anyone out there know how to add the new station ID to the system?
"Find the job you love and you will never work another day in your life."