- start,
- on LCD: "PROCEEDING TURN TO DC ON"
WHY?
5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: HP9000 K200, waiting for some...

Computers run on DC (direct current) power, and your K-class is just telling you what it is doing.

Is it hung there?

Did you recently upgrade it?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

That is a normal message when you start your server.

If it remains there forever, however, THAT is not normal.

It may be the power switch which is defective in this case. Else, it is the Core IO card or system board.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

"PROCEEDING TURN TO DC ON" is the last step that the system performed before it hands over to the PDC. Or in other words, your system is unable to execute PDC
That can be caused by multiple reasons:
-You have a problem with your power system (DC power Supply or power monitor)
-you have a problem with your monarch CPU (CPU0)
-your PDH (located on the system card) is out of order
???

What did you do with the system before the system didn't boot? Did you move it or did you change any hardware?
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
nkkorhaz
Advisor

"Is it hung there?" - YES.
"Did you recently upgrade it?" - NO, we want buy this server, and we trying start.

"If it remains there forever, however, THAT is not normal." - I don't know that message is normal, because this server is not the ours... :(

"That can be caused by multiple reasons:
-You have a problem with your power system (DC power Supply or power monitor)" - This server ONLY with UPS starts on?

"What did you do with the system before the system didn't boot? Did you move it or did you change any hardware?" - the server off nor get int the start(BOOT). We don't change any hardware.
Power ON, and on LCD that message and not he is going to upon...

thanx!
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

You don't need an UPS to operate a K-Class system. But in the scenario you described is it possible that the internal power system is out of order.
I assume you moved the system from the dealer to your site before you switched it on for the first time, right?
In that case I would recommend to extract every CPU but CPU 0 and every IO card (accept the core IO) and switch the power on. If the system still sticks in power-on-procedure I would change the CPU 0 with another one.

Good Luck
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data