New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7420 stopped reboot and MP can't access

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Hi Shirly,
To answer your question, you can have one MP when system has only one partition. Second MP is mandatory if you have two partitions. You can have two cell boards with single MP/core. In your current situation, you may move the MP card and try. Better to involve hardware vendor (or HP).

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Duncan,

Good piece of information for sharing. It is being for a while since I worked on rp7410 and 7420 and I didn't know about this HP document. Do you know when this document and first such annoncement made by HP for those servers ( date )?

Technically, I would say this is a bad as people can't have reduandacy at MP level.

I wonder if such announcements or business documents are published at ITRC with a link so ITRC users would know about it.

In this case , it is required to replace the failed MP card with the secondary MP.
Thereafter the firmware upgradat would be required to disable the MP redundancy.
It is better to invlove HP.
Shirley  Zhang
Advisor

Hi Stefen,

"sea all" still returned nothing. Again I check the HW status and I found cell 1 is claimed to be invalid:

HW status for Cell 1 : FAILURE DETECTED

Power status : on, no fault
Boot is blocked
PDH memory is shared
Processor Compatibility : OK
RIO cable status : connected
RIO cable connection physical location : PCI Domain 1
Core cell is INVALID
Attention Led is off

But cell 0 is OK and core cell is cell0. I have one partition and two boot disks, why does "sea all" return no device?

Thanks,

Shirley

Sameer,

I found out about this by being subscribed to HP's 'Subscriber Choice' e-mails here:

https://h30046.www3.hp.com/subSignIn.php

Once you have an account and are signed in you can setup driver and support alerts which will let you know most of these little snippets.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo