4718 Online
108841 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

B-series and C-series SAN Switch Connectivity

AQadir_1
Occasional Contributor

B-series and C-series SAN Switch Connectivity

Hi Gurz,

I want to make Connectivity between B-series and C-series SAN Switch. Any one share with me information how can do this.

Scenario:

I have 2 RP servers running Cluster and Connected with Brocade series SAN switch.
Now I want to connect my blade enclosure C7000 having Cisco MDS 9000 series Switch to brocade switch as the EVA is connected to brocade switch. On Brocade switch its showing me port status as E port, and from MDS switch showing me port is down.

Thanks in Advance

Qadir

5 REPLIES 5
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Re: B-series and C-series SAN Switch Connectivity

Here is a document that might help.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

There have been several versions of that document since the attachment.

Go to http://www.hp.com/storage/spock -- HP StorageWorks SPOCK - "Single Point of Connectivity Knowledge" for HP Storage Products. You may need to register for a *free* HP Passport user ID.
Once there, look through the menus on the left for "Application Notes". Under there, locate and click "Fabric Interoperability / FCoE". You want the "Merging Fabrics Based on C-Series and B-Series FC Switches" document, at the time of this writing dated May 2009.

----------
If you think this message has been helpful, please assign points. I collect them (as do the other respondents here in the forums). Kind of like stamps. Gives credit to those who took time to help, now, and in the future.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Bharath_Pingali
Trusted Contributor

Hello AQadir,

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00758719/c00758719.pdf

HP StorageWorks SAN Design Reference Guide has a ton of useful information.

One other useful tip;

The CISCO MDS 9000 can be connected to Brocade fabric without much issues using NPV mode, the same document talks about NPV mode.

Let me know if you need additional information.

hope this helps.

-thank you
Bharath
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Here is the latest I could find.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor