Kites BM
Regular Advisor

Re: making Persisten Disaled ports enabled

Thanks,

Further any one could let me know why i get to see
Unknown1 license
Unknown2 license
after licenseshow command issued.

One reason that I know is "Unknown license results when a license from previous OS is no longer valid"

any other reasons and solutions?

Thanks Again
christos_12
Advisor

License Unknown is of 6.x firmware which includes by default the previous lic's .( mentioned now as unknown).
no problem for that.

Kites BM
Regular Advisor

Hi All,

To further add....we are using c7000 Blade Chassis Brocade FC Switch ( 4 in number)

now i have to help onsite guy locate the FC Mezz card to reset it on.

My guesses locating the card.

1.Its Blade Chassis that has all 4 switches (and may be other Linux servers) -
2.I would beacon all the switches..and ask the onsite guy to verify the connectivity.

Any suggestions to improve further.?

Many thanks,
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

For the c-class SAN switches there are a minimum of 3 things required to allow a blade to log into the internal SAN switch port:

1. The blade must be powered on (which means there is a blade in the given bay)

2. The blade must have a FC HBA installed in the correct mezzanine slot (dependent on SAN switch interconnect bay location).

3. A local OS must be installed with the correct QLogic or Emulex driver or the FC HBA card is configured for a BfS (Boot from SAN).

If any of the above is not correct, the given internal SAN switch port will remain permanently disabled - you cannot manually enable it.

Getting a blade to successfully log into an internal interconnect SAN switch port is not dependent on SAN switch zoning.