108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error adding DL380 G9

SOLVED
Go to solution
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Error adding DL380 G9

I have a couple hundred dl380 G9s.  I'm trying to add them to my OneView (4.20.01-0380241).  It is giving back error: "Verify that 'host' is a management processor with supported firmware...."  I am using:

i=0
for SERVER in $(cat hardware-list); do
   ADDURI[${i}]=$(curl --insecure \
         --"content-type: application/json" \
         --header "auth: ${sessionID}" \
         --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" \
         --data "{ \"hostname\": \"${SERVER}\", \"username\": \"Administrator\", \"password\": \"${PASSW}\", \"force\": false, \"licensingIntent\": \"OneView

\", \"configurationState\": \"Managed\", \"initialScopeUris\": []}' \
         --request POST ${OneView}/rest/server-hardware | jq -r '.uri')
   ((i++))
done

I even tried changing "force" from false to true, but still got the same errors.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?  FYI, I check the status with: 

# To check the status:
j=${i}
i=0
while [[ ${i} -lt ${j} ]]; do
   curl --insecure \
        --header "auth: ${sessionID}" \
        --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" \
        --request GET ${OneView}${ADDURI[${i}]} | jq -r '.'
   ((i++))
done
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Are you sure you are providing the iLO IP Address?  Are there any firewalls between the appliance and the iLO's?

I see that you have posted quite a number of scripting questions here, all using cURL.  Any reason why you are not using our Python scripting toolkit?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Argh!  i was cat'ing my file of server host names and not the file of iLO host names!  I changed to the correct file and it is now importing.

As far as python goes, because I have never been able to find clear documentation on how to get it working.  I see bits and pieces, but nothing that walks you through from not having anything to getting it working.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Documentation is within the examples we have published, and in the library online documentation.  I would strongly suggest you use the Python library instead of building your own cURL calls.  There are plenty of methods available in the Python library that would have already performed the functions you have been posting questions here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

HI Chris,

I am taking another look at the python and ansible libraries.  I'll let you know if I have any luck.