Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing OneView for Vcenter v8.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
_DL_
Occasional Contributor

Installing OneView for Vcenter v8.1

[Hi, I posted this on the ESXi forum but someone suggested this might be a better place to ask]

I've not intalled oneview before onto Vcenter but I have a couple of questions.

I'm running on Gen9s with Storevirtual VSA and VMWARE 6.0update 2 and the Vcenter Server Appliance. I don't have OneView itself set up but I assumed I can just load this from the OVA and it will allow me to manage storage(?)

1) The installation instructions explicitly states:

"IMPORTANT: If your server has vSphere Web Client installed, you must log out of the web client before installing HPE OneView for vCenter. If the vSphere Web Client is running during the HPE OneView for vCenter installation, the product does not register with the vSphere Web Client automatically, and the HPE Management tab will not be accessible from the vSphere Web Client."

It then tells you the way to install HPE OneView for vCenter is using the web client

How can you install it using the web client if you have to log out of it to install it?

2) The template appears to create three network adapters which you have to put on to the correct networks. However it doesn't explain what those three will be used for and therefore what to set them to.

2 REPLIES
Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Re: Installing OneView for Vcenter v8.1

Hello,

You install the OVA using vCenter. Before or after you configure OV4VC you need to logout of the vCenter client, clear your cache, and relogin. Actually, I tend to clear cookies as well. OV4VC is an ova, install the ova, power it on, then visit its web page to manage and configure. Configure it.

Then you can logoff vCenter and clear cache, cookies, etc. Then login again. Viola OV4VC is now ready. BTW, be sure DPM credentials are not there. It will prevent OV4VC from finding the nodes. Also, you may have to manually point OV4VC via the vCenter Web Client UI to your ILOs.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

_DL_
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Installing OneView for Vcenter v8.1

Well in the end I started the deployment of the OVA from the wbe client and then as the deployment process started I logged out of the web client completely and shut down the browser.

It all seemed to work okay in the end. Still unsure why it needs 3 network interfaces, but I presume they are just to connect to your different hosts/storage on different networks and aren't necessary.

HP support wasn't very useful giving some wrong information regarding the web client.

It has successfully installed now though.