3356 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OneView 5.4 to 6.0 upgrade

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

OneView 5.4 to 6.0 upgrade

Hi

I've just been upgrading OneView and stepped from 5.4 to 6.0. Whereas the upgrade was very smooth and without incident I just want to check if the following error can be expected and ignored. Firstly to say there was no service interruption or errors on the oneview dashboard nor within vCenter for host connectivty. However, when I browsed the OneView 'Activity' page I saw the following entry as OneView was completing the upgrade. It had completed a refresh of the enclosure and also some 'configure' activities on both the interconnects which I took to be an expected activity as part of the upgrade. just after this action the was an entry for the C7000 interconnect 01 (both FC and Ethernet ports) being non-operational. This was cleared by the system and was followed by an event showing the stacking link returnng to a redundant state.

Interconnect_Error.JPG

As I said, there was no service interruption no any errors logged on the dashboard or on any hosts but I wanted so ask if this kind of event can be expected or experienced during an upgrade from 5.4 to 6.0 and if I can expect to see similar errors when progressing to upgrade to 6.5?

kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 5.4 to 6.0 upgrade

Hi,

It could be due to the upgrade, FC and ETH may have been disabled and re-enabled (I may also be wrong).
You may refer to the following links just to verify if all is well.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/shared/error_gen10/GUID-5920F2A2-D7E3-475F-8364-031C3B5A9508.html
https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/synergy/shared/error/GUID-74428E2C-6C23-4BF6-A91F-2B053CE96A3B.html

Thanks

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Re: OneView 5.4 to 6.0 upgrade

Hi Suman

Thanks for your thoughts on this - I think it will remain a mistery for the moment. I don't think it was for any of the reasons listed on those links becuase it only seems to be a momentary issue. I've been closely monitoring the hosts and host paths and no events are logged there - so could be a false negative....maybe some kind of timeout. It's only reported against Interconnect 1 (Interconnect 2 has never had the error)

I've since upgraded to OV 6.3 and 6.5 and it didn't occur on those updates but it did occur on a seperate occasion when I simply rebooted the appliance.  With every reboot the appliance goes through several activities where it initalizes the interconnects, refreshes the enclosure and then configures the interconnects - which I assume is new(ish) as I don't recall it doing that in OV4.x - It then also attempts to enable 'remote support' which fails for the interconnects as they are still going through the 'config' activity at the time - this is then re-attempted a few minutes later and succeeds as below:

Activity completed after every rebootActivity completed after every reboot

It's at at or after the time of the successful 'enable remote support' activity this error event is logged. I'll soon be updating the VC firmware so may do a further reboot after that to see if it still happens, but as there doesn't seem to be any impact I'm not overly concerned here. Just thought I'd raise it as an obervation to see how common this was.

thanks again