HPE OneView
1756453 Members
3947 Online
108847 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Why is OneView choosing sometimes the Windows vs Linux package for firmware upgrade

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

Why is OneView choosing sometimes the Windows vs Linux package for firmware upgrade

I am doing a Synergy whole frame update and I noticed for 8 blades which are identical configured, OneView decided to use the Windows package while for others the Linux package. This is for the 4820c mezzanine card.

The Windows package gets added to the iLO installation queue and gets installed during POST. For Linux package it causes the SPP to be booted, making the process slower for those blades.

Why is OneView doing this.

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Why is OneView choosing sometimes the Windows vs Linux package for firmware upgrade

Can you share what SPP you are trying to use, along with what version of OneView you have?  The component file(s) to be installed is not decided by OneView, rather HPSUM.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

Re: Why is OneView choosing sometimes the Windows vs Linux package for firmware upgrade

This is the latest Synergy SPP 2020.02.01. We just went through a complete tear down and rebuild of the enclosure due to removing VC SE 40GB F8 and VC FC 16GB modules and replaced them with VC SE 100GB F32 modules. In conjunction with this we replaced on 8 compute modules the 3820c and 3830c mezzanine cards with 4820c.

Due to this 8 compute modules had to get updated firmware for the 4820c mezzanine cards. In addition we install 2 new SY660 blades with 2x4820c mezzanine. Of the 8 SY480 compute modules, 3 were updated using cp043390.exe, while the other 5 and the 2 SY660 were updated using firmware-nic-qlogic-flq-syn-1.3.17-1.1.x86_64.rpm.

The compute modules using the WIndows package took 12 minutes to update, the Linux package with the SPP boot took 24+ minutes.