3136 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

vmware vrealize operations 8.0 oneview integration

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Re: vmware vrealize operations 8.0 oneview integration

As you have noticed, the OV4VROPS 2.4 adapter is not working with VROPS 8.1

We are working on a fix and hope to have it available by the end of this month.

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

HPE OneView for VMware vRealize Operations 2.4.1 is now available.

This version has been updated to support VMware vRealize Operations (VROPS) 8.1.

Download from www.hpe.com/downloads/ovpartners  

Thanks, Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
marcbunyan
Occasional Advisor

We are using HPE 2.4.1.1 on vROPS 8.1 and connection is for OneView 5.20

The adapter passes all tests but will not poll and child information does not exist, we are able to login to OneView using the adapater details (read only account) and all objects have information in the HPE OneView Console.

vROPS adapter logs are empty

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

I assume there are ESXi hosts attached to this?  If you check on an enclosure/Virtual Conenct that does not have any ESXi hosts configured, it will not show anything.

Thanks,
Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
marcbunyan
Occasional Advisor

Hi

There are zero child objects in vROps, only oneview at the top of the tree (OneView has a full ESX enviroment running behind it) - cheking the xml code being passed into vrops it looks like the 2.4.1.1 adapter API/schema is not the correct format for vROps 8.1.1 (vmware marketplace says that the HPE OneView adapter dated 2nd Jul is for vROps 8.x)

the net result is that vrops 8.1.1 logs into OnveView ok with the adapter -  but does nothing with the data being read back in.

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

We are checking into this.

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
skblue
HPE Pro

Hi,

Do you see the issue with any specific dashboard ?

Are the objects & child objects discovered under the environment tab? 

Can you also try stopping and starting the colllection on the Oneview adpater in vROPS.

any other observation that you can share? we were not able to reproduce the issue.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

marcbunyan
Occasional Advisor

Hi 

There are no child objects - the adapter passed its connection test OK and appears to pull a load of XML data from OneView but do nothing with it, restart/uninstall have no effect unfortunately.

Can you confirm your versions that you are reproducing with? - please note that this is only vrops <-> OneView and no vcentre plugin is being used, the child objects are missing in vROps.

skblue
HPE Pro

The OV4vROPs plugin relies on the vcenter plugin. You need to add the vcenter instance in vROPS that is managing the hosts/servers of the Oneview. Currently, the OV4VROPs plugin only shows data related to the servers that are managed by vcenter.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

marcbunyan
Occasional Advisor

^ the above statement is not correct - there is no relationship, vrops logs into OV and parses data about the hardware and its counters. VC is not even in this conversation.