3833 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Binding 4 nodes of Simplivity Gen 10. 2 different sized models

skkim
Occasional Contributor

Binding 4 nodes of Simplivity Gen 10. 2 different sized models

Hi all,

Currently we have 4 nodes of Simplivity Gen10.

2 are small sized and 2 are medium sized (different Xeon Cpu)

2 small sized SVTs are configured and we are trying to add 2 more of medium sized SVTs into same cluster using Deployment tool (they will be connected to 10G switch).

I heard from HPE that if we are trying to bind 2 different sized SVT, there should be some kind of Communication server for it which we have no knowledge of.

Could you give us information about it?

1 REPLY 1
DaveOb
HPE Pro

Re: Binding 4 nodes of Simplivity Gen 10. 2 different sized models

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00090815en_us  Please see the section HPE OmniStack Host Interoperability Within and Across Clusters

No special communications servers is needed the nodes will communicate in exactly the same way as if they were all the same build.

Some extracts from the above document that are relevant.

For the best experience and performance, HPE recommends that all members of a cluster be of similar configuration.

Mixing different drive configurations within a cluster results in unbalanced I/O performance. "

Not being familiar with the design but why not deploy the 2 medium nodes into a seperate cluster and move some of the existing VMs off the small nodes.

What your proposing will work but the advantages of having a 4 node cluster as opposed ot 2x2 node clusters are hard to see.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo