StoreVirtual Storage
1752640 Members
5695 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How would I automate a P4000 cli script?

Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

How would I automate a P4000 cli script?

I would like to create a couple of CLI scripts. But I am not sure how to create the script so I can use Windows task scheduler to start the script. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
5y53ng
Regular Advisor

Re: How would I automate a P4000 cli script?

Hi Gene,

You can create a batch file and configure the Windows task scheduler to execute the batch. Just make sure your batch executes in the same directory as the CLIQ. You can place the batch in the same directory or simply add a line to CD to the correct directory. I actually use this approach using putty instead of using the CLIQ.

Gene Kenny
Regular Advisor

Thanks I got that far now my problem is presenting the snapshot to a windwos server. Ultimately  on a daily bases I want to create a snap shot present it to a server, and mount the snapshot.  I am now working with the MS iSCSI CLI tool. Now the  problem is how to use a wild card with the command iscsicli qlgointarget   targetname. Since the new snapshot is always a different name, how can use a wildcard or have the snapshot always use the same name.

5y53ng
Regular Advisor

I'm not familiar with the MS iSCSI CLI. Is there a way to get a list of targets? Perhaps you could parse the output to grab the new target and assign it to a variable? If you save the list of targets each time you run your script, it will be easy to identify the new target name.

BijuAugustine
Occasional Visitor

Have you got any solution for this? I am looking for exactly the same way to connect a remote snapshot to a remote windows server for backup to tape.

philo

Hi Gene,

Do you have the solution to deal with your request? I also have the question about how to automatically connecting the latest snapshot to the backup server. Can you give me some advice? 

Thanks a lot!!