New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change/Add backup script?

SOLVED
Go to solution
plroybal
Regular Visitor

Hi Neil,

I have the same devices and problem.  Any chance you would be willing to share your functional solution?  This would greatly reduce my stress level.

Thanks,

Pat R.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Sure Pat, 

Hopefully I recollect all the details. First I copied and modified the various scripts used - they are located in this directory:

<Install Drive>:\Program Files\iMC\server\conf\adapters\ICC\ by vendor - use Hewlett Packard in this case. If you review the scripts, you will see scripts for individual oprerations - these must be modified to suit the target device - such as write memory to save might be different on some other device. Also not all devices support the same file transfer or other functions, so some scripts are not useful. Start with an existing device that is close.

To save you the time, I have uploaded the modified scripts for the TMS in a zip file HPProcurveTMS.zip - extract the folder and add it to the Hewlett Packard folder use the name HPProcurveTMS 

In the Hewlett Pacakard folder is a file adapter-index.xml - edit this and add the following to the adapater list:

<adapter name="HPProcurveTMS">
<description>HP Procurve Threat Management Svcs zl Module</description>
<sysoid>1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.50.17</sysoid>
</adapter>

IMC uses the sysoid to find the device and then reference the folder with the scripts. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: updates to IMC will overwrite this file and the change will be lost. Keep a copy of the above xml and adapter scripts folder separate. While you could replace the adapter-index.xml file with the older one, you would loose any new changes introduced by HPE so better to re-edit and add back in the adapater information. Its a bit frustrating that any useful customizations have to be reapplied each time but that's the way it is.

Don't recall if IMC needed to be started to have this take effect.

Again hopefully I have rememebered all the details - its been a while since I put this in play.

UPDATE: I noticed I had uploaded the wrong files - these should correctly back up both the running and startup config. I have not attempted to validate the restore or upgrade functions - there are no new updates from HP anyway. And I'd probably do any restore manually anyway as I only have one unit.

Also you will need to restart iMC for the new adpater to be recognized but not for any edits to the tcl files

Neil

tazdu77
Advisor

hi, i have a problem that looks like this one:

the problem is that the backup don't work !

see error in attachement

ICC adapters are the ones you give later in this post.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

The error message tells you where the problem is (line 13 in enter_exec.tcl).

What does that line contain?

tazdu77
Advisor

here is the file enter_exec.tcl

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

'set' doesn't take a '-f' flag. It should just be 'set loop true'

What are you trying to do with the '-f' flag?

see the manpage https://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TclCmd/set.htm

tazdu77
Advisor

i'm trying to do nothing lol

this script was already on my IMC 7.2

i just want to make a backup of my FW Juniper.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

If it's the default adapters that HP ships, then log a support case to get them to fix them.

You could also edit them yourself if you want to get it working quicker.

tazdu77
Advisor

after deleting the "-f"

i got another error...

tazdu77
Advisor

that's what i'm trying to do.... :-/