1748230 Members
4163 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

[IMC 7.0] deleting old performance data (MS SQL + perf_db)

SOLVED
Go to solution
MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

[IMC 7.0] deleting old performance data (MS SQL + perf_db)

So I´m stuck on Microsoft SQL Express edition (which is another topic). I did a database backup within IMC and now I´m ready to delete all performance data which is older than three months from perf_db. How to do this correctly?

1. Let´s use the GUI. Well, there´s no possibility to do so?
  2. idea. Let´s start from beginning. Many monitors haven´t been that important, so export all devices from IMC, delete them afterwards and import that list again. So I can use new default monitor instances. Hopefully all performance data is gone afterwards? (Downside, it seems I cannot rescue my topology map?)
  3. use sqlcmd
sqlcmd

use perf_DB
go

sp_help
go

=> Well, many tables. Which one should I "truncate" or "DELETE FROM"?

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: [IMC 7.0] deleting old performance data (MS SQL + perf_db)

You can delete performance data on a per-device basis from the GUI. That will be slow if you need to do it for a lot of devices though.

Do you have API access? (Either through IMC Enterprise, or with the API license). There might be an API call for deleting performance data on a per-device basis. That would make it faster for scripting.

I'd be wary of manipulating the database directly. I have done it for a few things, but not for performance data. Try taking a look at the various tables - the names are usually meaningful.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

Oh and yes, deleting/re-adding devices should delete all old performance data.
MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

Well, no Enterprise, no API. Seems deleting and reimporting would be the best choice for me. Thanks!