1752796 Members
5633 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC monitoring Windows 10 pro with SNMP )CPU and RAM usage)

PacketLoss
Occasional Contributor

IMC monitoring Windows 10 pro with SNMP )CPU and RAM usage)

Hello,

I have some Windows 10 pro hosts that need to be monitored by IMC via SNMP. I configured the SNMP service on the Windows 10 pro hosts and then on IMC and all seems to be working (IMC now displays some informations about the host and the SNMP community test gives me the message that the community is correct) but I can't monitor the CPU and RAM utilizationmof the Windows hosts. I tried to add the monitoring for CPU and RAM but no data is displayed. What I have to do for making possibile to monitor these resources? I only need to see the usage...

The property of the MIB are these:

Name: iso
Type: OBJECT-IDENTIFIER
OID: 1
Full Path: iso
Module: SNMPv2-SMI
Parent: MIB Tree

Thank You

Kind regrads

Giulia

1 REPLY 1
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: IMC monitoring Windows 10 pro with SNMP )CPU and RAM usage)

Hello,

Have you selected all of the checkboxes on the SNMP Agent tab when configuring the Windows Service? It should be possible to monitor CPU and Memory on Windows 10, as far as I know it's the same service that you also install on Windows Servers.

You could troubleshoot this by getting a packet capture on iMC when attempting to add the CPU or Memory monitoring manually to the Windows 10 device in iMC, and then checking whether the OIDs that are being polled for this return any error. Manually adding the CPU/Memory is done via Performance Management > Monitoring Settings, selecting the checkbox next to the device, clicking Add Monitor, and then following the steps in the pop-up to add CPU/Memory monitoring.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo