1748069 Members
5535 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: trying to install on linux with mysql

TGuadagno
Occasional Advisor

trying to install on linux with mysql

hi, i am trying to install imc on centos 7.4.  i have mysql installed on configed and i have tested the login creds from the command line and they work.  when i get to the part of the install where it verifies the database, it complains that it connot connect.  I double checked passwords etc but no luck.

my question is..does the installer write a log that would tell me more specifically what the issue is?

also, has anyone done this and got it to work, how?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ibias
Regular Advisor

CentOS is not an official supported OS, so it would be strenge to get support from HPE. Next question? Which MySQL version do you want use? At the moment there is a bug with the MySQL higher then 5.6.

TGuadagno
Occasional Advisor

hi, thanks for replying, yes, i know centos is not supported.  this is the db i am using

Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 7
Server version: 5.5.56-MariaDB MariaDB Server

mschreiner
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Which IMC Version do you try to install?

the logiles for Installation and update on linux can be found here:

/etc/iMC-Reserved/log/

mschreiner
Occasional Advisor

I think you first must remove the buildin mariadb and then install mysql

please have a look here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5180407&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05367561

YoannJuet

Hello,

I get exactely the same error on Centos 7.4 + IMC 7.3 + MySQL 5.6 (not MariaDB).

[root@imc log]# less install_20171113181344.txt

2017-11-13 18:14:03 [INFO ] [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog::b(1672)] Change LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./:/root/linux/install/
common/jre_linux64/lib/amd64/server:/root/linux/install/common/jre_linux64/lib/amd64:/root/linux/install/common/jre_linux64/../lib/amd64
2017-11-13 18:14:03 [ERROR] [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog::a(1642)] Execute 'conntest' failed
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/tmp/1510593242209/common/lib/conntest_my_linux" (in directory "/tmp/1510593242209/common/lib"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:470)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.Util.executeCommand(Util.java:3575)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog.a(DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor.java:1620)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog.doWork(DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor.java:1497)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog.doWork(DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor.java:1320)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.wizard.WorkingDialog$a.doInBackground(WorkingDialog.java:282)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:277)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:316)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)

Yet, the controls are all ok:

# sh ./envcheck.sh

Start checking installation environments...

Checking ports occupied...
Passed

Checking physical memory size...
Passed

Checking database installation...
Passed

Checking database connectivity...
Passed

Checking Database Parameter Configuration...
Passed

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Yoann

legoman
Advisor

I have done this, used centos and MariaDB. Try following this tutorial and see if it gives any clues, it's what I used. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymz-I9F4Hko

Note that latest versions of centos don't include ifconfig, which IMC uses to get the system MAC address for licensing. You need to install nettools to get this.