1756986 Members
3522 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VTL between 2 NBXs DID issue no voice mail

Dave_H
Advisor

No" - "or " Z" in pretranslator's dialplan.  I am on R6.0.63 now I was on R6.5.22 but took it back when first troubleshooting I will re upgrade the systems tonight.  I am waiting on my phone company to verify the PRI settings and to see if they changed anything that would cause this issue. 

Dave_H
Advisor

I re upgraded to r6.5.22 last night after changing my PRI settings to more closely match the phone company settings.

I had

CO Switch Protocol: AT&T Custom - 5ESS   Framing Type: ESF - Extended Super Frame Line Code: B8ZS Line Length: 55-95 Meters Timing Mode: Loop Codec: G.711 mU-Law

The phone company said it there is

NI2 , ESF, B8ZS, and Timing Mode Slave (which I only get Loop or Internal as options)  I still have the lack of out going message and cannot leave voicemails on the remote office system.  I might just setup phantom voicemail boxes to get by not sure what else to do.

Thanks.

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

you should open a case with HP... we will need network traces from both sides.. that will show what is going on.

Dave_H
Advisor

Not sure on how to do network trace, or how to contact HP on this since I bought this back when it was 3com in 2006 with a 3 year warranty so It is out of warranty.  Any info on these would be extremely helpful.

Seisl

Did you have any luck in resolving this issues?  I have the same exact issue getting calls into voicemail over VTLs from the PRI.  

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately at this point , a trace would prob be your best bet ... Open a case , and we can walk you thur some stuff like vtl logging and traces in order to see why the vmail is sending a beep . Have not heard this occurring on a vtl for a while as bosoxfan mentioned an older bug . But it was stuill a reare one as not too many folks have experienced this that I know of . what kind of data switches ? what kind fo routers ? All codes on the network updated to the latest ? what kind of nbx platform ? How many nbx'es in your network ? Of course the code you are running ? How many tels ? type of tels ? Pri ? Analog lines ? specs on the PRI ? Type of PRI board ? ( rev Letter ) 3C10116 C or D ?
Dave_H
Advisor

I have been talking to the phone company and they have checked everything.  I did a workaround where the voicemail is hosted at main site so it is working by someone calls into the PRI at site A it gets transferred to site B and if they do not answer it then forwards back to site A phantom VM.  It is working for now I will keep testing to see if I can ever figure out what happened.  I have watched the VTL screens and saw the handoffs to voicemail just do not know how to explain it.  

Equipment

Site A

NBX v3000

SW: R6_5_22 Network Protocol: IP-on-the-fly File system NBXFSV1 

31219166AA Chassis 3c10200  

Digital Line card  part # 3C10116D Board Type: ISDN PRI Model Number: 0x0e00 Status: Online Software Version: R6_5_22  

Phone Company supplies a PRI  

Interconnectivity Point to point t1 with 2x 3com 3016 routers 3Com Router Software Extended_V1.30  

Both voice and data go through 

Site B 

NBX v3000 

SW: R6_5_22 Network Protocol: IP-on-the-fly File System: NBXFSV2  

2 analog lines for 911 at that location.

As I said before just seems to only hapen when calling into PRI and transfer to site B, Site A is ok voicemail works properly.  If I hook up an Analog line into site A call in then transfer to site B extension everything works normaly.  

Interface Type: T1 CO Switch Protocol:National ISDN - NI1/NI2  it was AT&T custom 4ESS but they told me it should be NI2

Framing Type: ESF - Extended Super Frame 

Line Code: B8ZS

Line Length: 55- 95 Meters  they did not give this to me

Timing Mode: Loop

Codec: G.711 mU-Law

On Line

Num Channels:     23

Num On Line:      23

Num Off Line:      0               

Call-By-Call Service Config (4ESS only)    

Unchecked Enable Call-By-Call Service

Carrier Identification Code*     "(BLANK)"

Default Outbound Service:       Standard (LDS)

* AT&T code = 288,See Help for details 

Let me know if there is anything else I can get to you.

Thank you.

Dave_H
Advisor

I did not resolve it if you figure anything out let me know and I can try it.  I am getting calls to go to voicemail over PRI at Site A where it comes in.  I only have problems when the go over vtl to another site is when the voicemail just beeps if you hit  #1 otherwise it is dead air and nothing gets recorded.