1755738 Members
2800 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Deleting /var/opt/ignite/recovery/DateTimeStamp direcory

CassandraJ

Deleting /var/opt/ignite/recovery/DateTimeStamp direcory

Hello:

I need to clear space in /var directory and the largest file taking up space is /var/opt/ignite/recovery/2010-12-21,11:42/flist.   Can this file (flist) be deleted manually?   Or can I delete the entire dateStamp directory?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Re: Deleting /var/opt/ignite/recovery/DateTimeStamp direcory

Bonjour,

2010-12-21,11:42 ? ... waouh, rather old.

I mostly use make_net_recovery. Didn't used make_take_recovery for a while. So not sure, but in my memory timestamped directories are created directly under /var/opt/ignite/recovery on the client side by make_tape_recovery [ instead of /var/opt/ignite/clients/<ClientName>/recovery/ on the server side when make_net_recovery is used  ]

Check /var/opt/ignite/recovery/2010-12-21,11:42/recovery.log for a line with "Recovery Archive Location    =" . Anything like a special file to a tape device ? For exemple "/dev/rmt/1mn"

If yes, those files are no more necessary : all you need to restore the tape backup is on the tape itself. So you can remove the timestamped directories under /var/opt/ignite/recovery.

If you are not sure that you can remove the directories, you can still delete all flist files : it is just a listing of backuped inodes. When you want to restore an ignite backup, needed files are : archive_cfg, control_cfg and finally system_cfg

Not directly relevant, but if you have at least 2 HP-UX servers, consider using make_net_recovery

Hope this help

Eric