New Discussion юеВ

How to ignite Another ignite Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
yaron daniel
Frequent Advisor

How to ignite Another ignite Server

Hi All
I am having an ignite server that will make a make_net_recovery to servers/work-stations
Ignite version - B.3.4.115 at hpux 11.00
I need to make_net_recovery to another Ignite server with the following details:
Igntie version - A.2.3.205 at hpux 10.20
Can it be done without changing the version of the old Ignite version ???
Hope to here from u
10x
the truth is out there
4 REPLIES 4
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Re: How to ignite Another ignite Server

Hi,

see the page
http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/index.html

which states that you cannot use a 10.20 machine as an ignite server for 11.x machines.

Moreover your Ignite Versions should match on server and client. So if you need an ignite server for your main ignite server, this should be an HP-UX 11.x machine with Ignite 3.4.115.

Regards,
Bernhard
yaron daniel
Frequent Advisor

Hi

What i mean is this:
I got Main Ignite Server on hpux11.00
Version B.3.4.115, I need to make image of
a client that he is also function as Ignite server for another division here.
The client is hpux10.20 with Ignite Version
A.2.3.205.
Can i make the image without any changes to the client (which is also an ignite server) ???
What will happen if i will install the client with the version like the server ?
How does this server going to act if i override the ignite version on him ???
10x
the truth is out there
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

if you add the 10.20 machine running Ignite A.2.3 as a ignite client to your server running B.3.4.x, you will have the problem that the B.3.4 ignite server transfers SOME 3.4 ignite filesets to your 10.20 machine. (Those filesets which versions *must* match)

Thus you can have a valid ignite image of the 10.20 machine on the 11.0 ignite server,
however, I stronlgy doubt that the 10.20 machine could still perfectly serve as ignite server for other 10.20 clients.

What I know for sure is that if you do that, then the mixture of fileset versions on the client disables the use of make_recovery and make_tape_recovery (those commands will complain about inconsistent ignite filesets).

Regards,
Bernhard

yaron daniel
Frequent Advisor

o.k. - 10x alot.
the truth is out there