New Discussion юеВ

Moving net_recovery images from old ignite server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex Green
Frequent Advisor

Moving net_recovery images from old ignite server

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if it possible to move an old but current network recovery image from my old ignite server to my new one.

I would normally just make a new image, however the image is of the machine that is now the ignite server.

Thanks in advance.
Alex
"The physicist's greatest tool is his wastebasket." - Albert Einstein.
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Moving net_recovery images from old ignite server

Yes, you should be able to move your make_net_recovery image to the new machine. I would just copy it to the same directory on the new machine.

However, if the image you are copying is of the machine you are copying it too, it won't do you a whole lot of good unless you make a bootable tape or CD of the image. You are not going to be able to recover that machine from an image that resides on local disk.
pap
Respected Contributor

yes, you can do it simply by copying the image archive directory from old ignite server to new ignite server.

But before doing that be sure that you have created or added required clients to your new server. Once all required clients machine are added to ignite server, you can copy whole archive image directory.

-pap
"Winners don't do different things , they do things differently"
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Alex,

You should not have any problem. Just move the image from the old server to the new server. Here is a link on how to do that. In the suggested example insted of using different lan address and the same ignite server you have to use the same lan address and different ignite server.

http://us-support3.external.hp.com/cki/bin/doc.pl/sid=b43b9fc41474cee303/screen=ckiDisplayDocument?docId=200000058668960

Hope this helps.

Regds
Alex Green
Frequent Advisor

Thanks guys...

Sanjay, can you tell me what the linked document was as the it didn't work.

Thanks
"The physicist's greatest tool is his wastebasket." - Albert Einstein.
Eileen Millen
Trusted Contributor

Alex,
The document that Sanjay mentioned is
Cloning systems with make_net_recovery
DocId: KBRC00002415

Eileen