2377 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem loading 10.20 from an 11.11 ignite server

dave daniels_2
Valued Contributor

Problem loading 10.20 from an 11.11 ignite server

I have set up an ignite server based off 11i
with an 11i and 10.20 depots. The 11i depot loads fine. With the 10.20 load I receive an error when the install is complete and the system reboots to perform th config. The
following file /tmp/ign_configure/hosts.info
has the following error:
Line 7, Illegal charecter "i"
This line reads " is_ia64=False". I do not believe that 10.20 understand this syntex.

I cannot figure out where this is created?

-Dave
3 REPLIES 3
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Dave,
The versions of ignite on 11.11 and 10.20 have some differences you may or may not know about. Commands such as make_recovery are now make_tape_recovery in 11.11. The new command has a lot more functionality, however 11.11 does support the old command format of make_recovery. Anyway, the error your are receiving looks like it has a problem with the bit levels of the two machines. That's my 2 cents worth. May or may not be what you are looking for.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
dave daniels_2
Valued Contributor

Thannks for your input Craig. I am not sure how to get around this problem? Any other thoughts?
thanks
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

The error means your current version of Ignite does not understand "is_ia64" variable. The "is_ia64" var is a new variable for Ignite version B.3.0 (11i). I'm very sure if you upgrade your IUX, everything will be happy .. double check with HP Response Center.