Operating System - HP-UX
1754059 Members
3150 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where can I download the Ignite-UX C.7.3.144 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jdamian
Respected Contributor

Where can I download the Ignite-UX C.7.3.144 ?

Hi

My depot downloaded contains defective files but I cannot re-download that version due to HP web page offers me to download a newer version I'm not interested.

I checked that old Ignite-UX versions are downloaded by using URL similar to:

http://h30279.www3.hp.com/downloads/Ignite-UX-10-20_B.5.4.50_HP-UX_B.11.00_3
2+64.depot?ordernumber=360655598&itemid=1&downloadid=28944382&merchantI
d=SW_DEPOT

Do you know the URL for C.7.3.144 ?
Is that available in HP FTP servers ?

P.D: No, I don't have the Software DVD-ROM.
4 REPLIES 4
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,

No. Same problem with me to find older version of Ignite. HP dont offer older versions for download not even on FTP (atleast in my case).
I got older version from one of the ITRC member. So best luck, you may found someone over here who has this version.
Will it remain a personal, if I broadcast it here!
Shrikant Lavhate
Esteemed Contributor

FYI,

Whiteknight supllied that older version to me and it was C7.2 version series.
Will it remain a personal, if I broadcast it here!
Scot Bean
Honored Contributor

Seems HP really wants you to use the latest version, so they only offer that for download.

Ideas:
- older piece of media
- an older depot on one your machines made from such media
Shane Seymour
Frequent Advisor

Older versions of Ignite-UX disappear from download as soon as a new version is released. This white paper:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-1977/5992-1977.pdf

Called "Installing and Updating Ignite-UX". On page 3 it says:

"Hewlett-Packard provides OS-specific bundles in order to decrease the download time for Ignite-UX. By limiting what you install on your Ignite-UX server, you save download time and disk space. However, your needs may change over time. For example, if you downloaded the package that supports HP-UX 11i v1 in July 2007, you most likely downloaded the C.7.2 version of Ignite-UX. If you decide in October 2007 that you also need support for HP-UX 11i v2, the Web packages for C.7.2 will no longer be available. At that point if you have not stored a copy of the full Ignite-UX product for potential future use, you would be forced to upgrade to a new version of Ignite-UX in order to add support for HP-UX 11i v2.

HP recommends you install the complete Ignite-UX product (IGNITE) unless you want to block the use of a specific version of HP-UX, increase the download speed, or conserve disk space on the server."

It's important that if you rely on a specific web download version of Ignite-UX that you maintain a safe copy of it once you start using it as it will cease to be available at some point.

If you have a software support contract you might try opening a call to see if anyone can locate that specific version (which can sometimes be difficult) and make it available to you.