5352 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ignite recovery execute script before installing any sw

SOLVED
Go to solution

ignite recovery execute script before installing any sw

Hi!

I'm cloning a recovery archive onto a different architecture. It all works well except that all the extra sw I select from the GUI is not configured because swinstall cannot mount all the filesystems in my /etc/fstab. This is very understandable since they will be created at a later time. But this error prevents the sw from being configured by swinstall. I have a script that comments out everything except for vg00 stuff, but I can't find out where to put that script. Did try to put it at the end of the "core_cfg" file;

post_config_script += "path/name_of_script"

The script runs fine, but unfortunately it does it after swinstall tries to mount the stuff from /etc/fstab.

I know that editing the /etc/fstab file before I create the archive is a workaround, I'm sure Ignite has some way of doing this. The Administartion Guide has a slight reference at page 154 (figure 6-4) but no information about how and where to put this.

Cheers,
lars c
3 REPLIES 3
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ignite recovery execute script before installing any sw

Hi,
Another idea. There is a swinstall option "Mount all filesystems in fstab" which is default. If this option is disabled , installing should work without modifying fstab. I am out of office for the moment so I can't check how to unselect but, it can be worth a try.

You are right. I put the sd_command_line += " -x mount_all_filesystems=false " in the core_cfg file. It did'nt really do it for me. I've now put it in the CINDEX file to see if that gives it a more "global" meaning.

cheers,
lars c

Ok, that did'nt work very well. System crashed at boot. Guess this meant "do not mount any of my filesystems at all".

Don't really have much more time to paly with this now. It could be that I put the statement in both core_cfg and apps_cfg, maybe it should only be in apps_cfg.

So to get moving I unncomment everything except for vg00 stuff in the clients /etc/fstab and create a new archive.

leaving this thread open for a while if anyone want to share some experience.

cheers,
lars c