1756493 Members
2603 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: make_recovery can't contact server

Alex_17
Frequent Advisor

make_recovery can't contact server

When I ran make_recovery -A I get the following message "Can't contact server 15.136.112.48" but make_recovery continued. I've been looking for that IP address but I can't find it. I've checked /etc/hosts file and there isn't an entry whith that IP. I've looked at /var/opt/ignite/local/config file and I found the following entries:

# Variable assignments
#
init _hp_disk_layout="Logical Volume Manager (LVM) with VxFS"
init _iux_nfs_server="15.136.112.48"
init _iux_remsh_source="root@15.136.112.48"

any help??. What do those entris mean?. Is my Ignite tape good?

Thanks in advance.

Alex.
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Alex,

Have you ever used make_net_recovery on this machine. The info you give sounds like it is from a make_net_recovery session that used an NFS machine to store the make_net_recovery archives.

You say you looked for that IP address and couldn't find it. Are you using the 15.136.112? Is this a fresh install of Ignite/UX or has it been on the server a while?

If you don't use the 15.136.112 subnet, and haven't done any make_net_recovery's then I would be tempted to swremove the Ignite/UX product from the box. I would then make sure that /opt/ignite and /var/opt/ignite directories are empty. You can remove them or rename them. I would then download the latest version of Ignite/UX, install it and go from there.
Alex_17
Frequent Advisor

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your help. We didn't use make_net_recovery on this machine. I'll try to re-install the software.