Go to solution
Wallace Liu
Advisor

ISEE does not show any info of the system

System: vpar of Itanium superdome
ISEE: A.03.95.026 for Itanium.
downloaded file name is
ISEEPlatform_A.03.95.026_HP-X_B.11.22_IA.depot

Problem: ISEE GUI does not display any info such as IP address,etc of the system despite ISEE shows incidents properly. Please see the attachment.

I install same ISEE onto several Vpars of the same superdome. The ISEE on some vpars function properly while some do not. All the vpars are installed with same ISEE and same OS.

Reinstall has been done several times.

Please help me solve this problem. Thanks.

I can not find send_test_event on 11.23. what is the equivalent command

Wallace
14 REPLIES 14
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ISEE does not show any info of the system

Hi Wallace,
I can help you with one part of your query, send_test_event is part of the OnlineDiags, and can be found in /etc/opt/resmon/lbin on 11.23 (it's there on 11.11 too, as well as /opt/resmon/bin).

I'm not sure why it's not in both places on 11.23.

Andrew
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please upload a copy of /opt/hpservices/log/mad.log and /opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs, plus a motprefs from a working Vpar.

I assume if you do "swlist | grep -i isee", you would see A.03.95.026 on all of Vpars.

Do you have the same STM on all? Run cstm to find the version.

Regards,
Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Andrew and Liem,

Thank you. I find the command. However, new problems appears. The send_test_event does not generate any response at all Itanium ISEE GUIs. However this command does generate an event on other systems which run 11.11. How can I solve this problem?

swlist command does show A.03.95.026 installed.

The files are packed in to the attached file. Once you have unpack it, you will see four directories:
info_exist: the ISEE GUI shows the system info such as IP address
info_existed_before: system info was displayed A WHILE AGO but not now
info_no_exist and info_no_exist2 : system info has never been displayed.

Thank you all for your help.

Wallace
Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Andrew and Liem,

Upto now, all the Itamnium boxes show some kind of proble:

All Itanium boxes do not respond to send_test_event command;
Some Itanium systems do not show system info in ISEE GUI.

Cheers

Wallace
Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Andrew and Liem,

Sorry, I did not post the STM version. All systems have C.48.00 installed.

Cheers

Wallace
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

I can't help with the ISEE part, but the first step is to make sure the OnlineDiags are working. When you run 'send_test_event' do you get an Event 103 logged in /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log?

Andrew
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Wallace & Andrew,

I can see AT LEAST two problems:

1. The Server Name is incorrect (you can see this in motprefs file, also from ISEE GUI):
Server=woolisee.woolworths.com.au

This is incorrect, it should be the name of HP Backend Server, such as: isee.europe.hp.com or isee.asiapac.hp.com.

To fix this problem, you can either remove & reinstall, then configure with the right Server name, this is in ISEE GUI, under Server Information section.

Or you can simply run "/opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/changeServer isee.asiapac.hp.com"

I'll need mad.log and motprefs once again after the Server is correctly defined.

2. send_test_event won't work:
Do you see the test event in /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log and in /var/opt/resmon/log/rst.log?

We need to fix the above problems first before we can move on.

Also, I just want to say Hi to Andrew if you are the same person that was doing OpenMail a while back.

Regards,

Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you have SPOP (Advanced Configuration), then Server name should be the name of your SPOP.

Regards,
Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Andrew,
Thank you. You help in OnlineDiag does help me a lot. I assume that OnlineDiag ties closely to ISEE.

Andrew and Liem,
The test event does not appear in neither /var/opt/resmon/log/rst.log nor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log

I run send_test_event dm_memory command to generate test event. Is this command correct on Itanium running 11.23?

The server name is correct. I have a SPOP configured. The SPOP is woolisee.woolworths.com.au. I installed the same ISEE version to PA-RISC systems runnning 11.11. The PA-RISC systems behaves well.

Here I post two screen shots.

Thanks for your help.

Wallace