108847 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISEE is confused

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jody Jones
Solution

Runner documentation is also available only on the internal HP network, so you have to ask your hp rep to get you a copy.
Darrell Tschakert
Regular Advisor

It appears as though runner got confused when Java was updated, although I would not bet too heavy of odds on this. In any case, stopping and starting runner - in some cases, twice - appeared to fix the problem. Of six 11.23 systems, five had problems. They all appear to be running properly now. One thing to look for was the size of the /var/opt/runner/data/hardware file. The file was only a few bytes when the problems existed but was about 6K when things got straightened out. The runnerError file has not increased in size on any of the six servers since runner corrected itself.

I also ran HealthCheck.sh to see what the script thought of runner's health.

Thanks,

Darrell Tschakert
I'll add a quote when I think of one.
Darrell Tschakert
Regular Advisor

I have since discovered, by using glance, that runner has thousands of FIFO's open. It would appear that runner keeps opening these FIFO's until it has about 4,000 open and then the program starts to generate error messages to the logs which eventually fill up. I still think that it is some simple thing causing this to happen. However, I don't think that I am going to figure it out, nor is anyone going to give me the answer. So I will have to try loading a new copy of runner.

Darrell Tschakert
I'll add a quote when I think of one.