108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Not getting hardware failure alerts to my email

Imran1983
Occasional Contributor

Not getting hardware failure alerts to my email

I am using HP Insight Remote Support 

Insight Remote Support 7.6.0.0031

I am not getting any hardware failure alerts on email. We are alll configured, Can u letr me know its required Internet to communicate with HP IRS. Please provide the Firewall ports to be opened on firewall side. 

7 REPLIES 7
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Not getting hardware failure alerts to my email

Hello and welcome to the HP SIM forum. From the questions you ask i can tell you this is HP customers forum and answers will be given by fellow users. So you use HP Systems Insight Manager.
What is your version? For getting e-mails you need to have an SNMP server configured. Do you get SNMP or WBEM events? If you don't get events you don't get email as the rules for email forwarding are event driven and not polling based.
Kind regards,

Andrew
toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi - I see you're using Insight Remote Support - and I assume that you want email notifications from that tool?

Assuming yes, have you configured Insight RS to send you these notifications? Naviage to the "Admininistrative Settings" page,, then go to the "Integration Adapters" page, then from there, select "Email Adapter" and configure it.

You will have to provide your SMTP server - and unless this is outside of a firewall for you, you should not need any settings.

On this page is a "test" button where the system will send you a test email to validate that it's working.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Imran1983
Occasional Contributor

Yes we have done the all teh setting, still we did not get the alerts. HP IRS Error.JPGunnamed.png

toddg1
HPE Pro

It shows that your system is not registered with the Hewlett Packard Enterprise back end - this could be a problem that is keeping other functionality from working, as it is required.

I think at this point, it may be best to contact HPE support for Insight RS to help get this resolved, as it's likely going to be a challenge via email.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Imran1983
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

But its showing registereCapture.JPGd. Please see attachement.

toddg1
HPE Pro

That shows that your HPE passport is registered with the HPE backend.  In the top row, where is says "Hosting Device Health" and that is red, then you also included a screen shot with a previous post:

HP IRS Error.JPG

Notice the 2 red items.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

I presume this is a new setup? The first thing that you need to do is to resolve the Connectivity and registration issues,  do log a case with your country IRS Support team to help resolve this. I have attached a document that might also help you isolate the connectivity issues. 

On the SMTP portion, ensure the SMTP integration adapter is configured and able to communicate with your SMTP relay server. Sender email, port and encryption settings  need to be confirmed. Once done send a test email and you can view the IRS logs to check if there is any issues with SMTP connection.

~:\ProgramData\HP\RS\LOG (this is a hidden directory)

Key log file hprs-YYYY-MM-DD.0 (search for SMTP in this log file)

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo