1752465 Members
5760 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pegasus WMIMapper Indications Service Not installed

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Pegasus WMIMapper Indications Service Not installed

I've upgraded from IRS 7.6 to 7.7 and i don't know if its always been like this but i've noticed my Hosting device health has a red X n it. So when i look at it I can see the "Pegasus WMIMapper Indications Service" is saying not installed.

Anyone know where i can find the installer for this. I'm currently running windows 2012 R2 on this server.

Picture of the error below

8 REPLIES 8
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Pegasus WMIMapper Indications Service Not installed

There should be a WMI Mapper SWM package (v7.3.2) available to the customer currently. I recall from a long time ago that there were cases where the upgrade from an earlier version would fail and leave the package uninstalled. If IRS and SIM are both leveraging the functionality, the service can get locked and upgrading it can fail. 

In the case of WMI Mapper, uninstalling (from Control Panel) and reinstalling (via SWM) usually worked. 

We do log our WMI Mapper SWM install into the log directory, if it fails. That file would be helpful in triaging the problem.

Check under "Administrator Settings | Software Updates" to see if there is a package there.  If not, or if the idea posted above doesn't work, then a call to HPE Insight Remote Support team is probably the best next step to get this resolved.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Thanks for teh reply,

I tried unistalling and reinstalling it, and it installed with no issues once i stopped the IRS service. But its still not showing the Pegasus WMIMapper Indications Service in services, i rebooted just to check but still no good.

I can't see the Pegasus installer in the packages to download from HP in the IRS console.

I also looked for the logs and i found PegasusStandard Log that it previously had CIM Server version of 7.5.0 but since i've installed this WMI package it has now changed to 7.3.2

any more advise before i log a call with HP?

toddg1
HPE Pro

Let me ask around on the team - but it may be time for a call.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Did you manage to run the question by someone else in your team?

How do i log a call for software insight remote support.

I'm used to just logging calls against hardware, but that doesn't seem right to me?

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

You can alwys log a support ticket for IRS related issues, just provide the serial number of the IRS Server or one of the managed devices and quote them to log ticket with IRS Support team. As regards the Pegasus WMIMapper services, you can extract the binary form the IRS software or HPE SIM software kit, the WMI binary file WMIMapper.msi gets extracted. Dont use the default mode, sometimes the services does not get installed if TCP port 5989 is not available.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Could you explain where where i can extract it from on IRS or SIM?

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Sory for the late reply, you can right clik any of the binaries IRS or SIM and extract the files to a folder. refer the screen capture attached , extracted the file from IRS v7.7. kit.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

toddg1
HPE Pro

It is also possible to rename the install file from a .exe to a .zip - then use a tool like winzip to extract.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo