2032 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Powershell - automate HP Insight Remote Support - Enable-HPiLOERSIRSConnection

CCNZ76
Visitor

Powershell - automate HP Insight Remote Support - Enable-HPiLOERSIRSConnection

Greetings,

Has anyone had success running the following cmdlet: Enable-HPiLOERSIRSConnection, to register a server (directly, not through remote support hosting device) with HP Insight Remote support?

Documentation appears to be a bit thin, or maybe I am misinterpreting what the cmdlet is for.  There appears to be no option to enter the HP Passport credentials required to register a server.  It does accept URL and Port parameters.

This would be very handy as I have over 100 servers to register.

Regards,

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to Insight Remote Support > General. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Jay-Kumhar

Re: Powershell - automate HP Insight Remote Support - Enable-HPiLOERSIRSConnection

Did you manage to get the solution for this?

I have close to 100 servers which needs a registration with HP IRS

toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Powershell - automate HP Insight Remote Support - Enable-HPiLOERSIRSConnection

Hi Jay,

If you are trying to register devices to an Insight Remote Support service (NOT direct connect), then you would not use a script to do this.  You enter credentials in the I-RS tool, and then give the IP Addresses (or a range, as suits your environment) and run discovery.  I-RS will find them all, and if the credentials you provided match, it will setup remote support.  Actually, without giving the credentails to I-RS, but instructing the iLO to register with I-RS, will only allow part of the solution to function properly.

If you are meaning to connect Directly to HPE - then a script might help, but if you really have 100 devices, I would recommend that you look into the capbabilities offered by Insight Remote Support - where you would interact with one tool, that then controls the remote support experience, instead of having to manage 100 servers individually, potentially open 100 holes in the firewall to HPE, and so on.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo