New Discussion юеВ

Remote Support Pack A.05.00 with HP SIM 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

Remote Support Pack A.05.00 with HP SIM 5.1

Hi,

Has anyone installed and configured HP RSP A.05.00 with HP SIM 5.1 before? I have the HP SIM System Table View with some devices shown as '?' in the CW column. I have already tried disabled the option for 'Do not collect contract and warranty data for this system' but it is still showing as '?' instead of a tick. Can anyone share his/her experience?
5 REPLIES 5
Kevin tucker_1
Solution

Re: Remote Support Pack A.05.00 with HP SIM 5.1

There is a bug in 5.1 that affects C/W validation. We escalated to the labs on this one for resolution. You must have the "automatically adjust for daylight saving time" check box ticked in the Date-time settings for windows to fix the problem. It apparently affects the SQL database if it is not ticked. If like us (Perth WA) where you do not have daylight saving, then a patch needs to be run on the database. Once we installed the MS daylight saving patch, and checked the box, we got green ticks. The bug is being fixed in SIM 5.2
Never give up
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

hi kevin, thks for this info. i will check it out.
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Hi,

I also had this problem for several of my customers in Singapore, though the country is not affected by daylight issue. I had escalated to ISEE Labs and got a SQL script workaround. Also do let me know what error you get when you run the CW task.

Cheers,
Sanjay
Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

tkc
Esteemed Contributor

hi sanjay, do you still have the script? thks.
tr10385
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Yes a workaround is available for CW task failure even though DST settings is not an issue. You need to execute few SQL script commands which would change the SIM db log.