New Discussion

Warranty for Virtual Connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
WisdomSeeker
Occasional Contributor

Warranty for Virtual Connect

Hello.

I have added the whole C7000 eclosure to HPE IRS. 

IRS had no problem to verify the warranty contract for OA and all blade servers. Unfortunatelly it is quite different, when it comes to Virtual Connect modules. IRS "claims" that the modules are not covered by any warranty.

Are the modules covered by enclosure waranty ?

Regards

WisdomSeeker

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Warranty for Virtual Connect

Entitlement can be a challenge - to get specific details, I would recommend that you open a support case.  It would not be appropriate for you to post specifics about your device, such as serial number, on an open forum like this.

The support team should be able to help you figure that out in a secure way (not providing things like SN).

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro
Solution

As per my experience, Virtual Connect modules mostly do not show any entitlement on IRS Console, these are entitiled by the Blade OA SN. Events for VC's are logged using the OA's SN. 

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

WisdomSeeker
Occasional Contributor

Hello

@SANJAY MUNDHRA - you are completely right :-)

I raised a support case to HPE and I have confirmation that it is possible to enter the enclosure warranty agreement number as a warranty number for VC. Now all my VC are in green on IRS dashboard :-)

Also I received information that IRS will create a Standard T&M case, when a warranty is expired  - the verification of a warranty will be conducted later by HPE employee

Regards.

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Thanks for the confirmation, however it will be good to use the Blade Enclosure SAID Number for entitlement as compared to the SN/PN.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo