1757065 Members
2017 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Duplicate entries in RX2660?

dillonlim
Advisor

Duplicate entries in RX2660?

I have a single CPU RX2660. With a single drive in the system, I see both fs0 and fs1 which I fully expect. However when I do an ls on fs0 and fs1, the contents on both filesystems are identical. Why is that so? Any assistance is very much appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: Duplicate entries in RX2660?

Maybe the mapped fsX entries point to the same file system on the drive.

I would run

Shell> map -fs
dillonlim
Advisor

I've tried that. I've also tried a different drive with different OS and the contents of fs0 is still the same as fs1.
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Could you please post

shell>map -r

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

besides the 'map -r' can you also post the output of the 'ls -r' output

What OS is installed on this system ?
Does it still boot ?
When you boot to the OS and mount the EFI partition, create a new folder on it (i.e. \test) , on which fsx: is this new folder written fs0: or fs1: ?

HTH

Kris
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

A couple of things..

> I've tried that. I've also tried a different drive with different OS and the contents of fs0 is still the same as fs1.

When you are swapping the drive are you doing so without resetting the server? If so, then use 'reconnect -r' to rescan the hardware buses for devices and then use 'map -r' to display them.

The rx2660 uses an internal SAS controller allowing for simply RAID 1 volumes. Are you using that controller to build the volumes? That would change the way they are presented.

In short, there is no real reason for you to see two fs instances with the same data, unless you actually have two volumes with the same data (for example; mirrored boot drives using LVM).

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

The only time i have seen this is when the disks were initially in RAID1 and then the mirror was broken, then both disks have indeed the same fs: (EFI, etc) and they do have the same contents obviously but from the problem description given here it seems he only has one disk in the system ...

Dillonlim, any update on this ? any feedback on the inputs given by people on your issue ?

Kris
dillonlim
Advisor

My apologies for the delay. It's been busy at work here. I've tried reconnect -r, map -r and the problem still exists. I've attached the output from ls -r. We have about a dozen of these rx2660s here and this is the only one that's giving us issue. Thanks to all for your time.
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Post the output of 'map -r' and 'info io'

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
dillonlim
Advisor

Here's the output from info io. There's currently one drive in the system (single partition, single OS).