Integrity Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message at MP web console...

Error message at MP web console...

I am attempted to connect to the MP on a rx8640 via the web console (itconsole) to unlock the root account but I get the message:

"Sorry, maximum number of active telnet sessions has been reached. Please try again later."

I have reset the MP by pressing the reset button but it did not help. Any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Re: Error message at MP web console...

Try a direct telnet to the MP lan instead of the HTML. ( this is just a shot ). Might be that the telnet and/or web interfaces are disabled and hence your message.

If all else fails, connect serial port of laptop or console to MP and try that. Once you get in you will be able to use the CM to view current users and possible clear the first issue.

Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The message usually occurs if you are trying telnet to the MP and there are already 8 active telnet sessions exists.

I just checked the release notes of the current firmware (v4.0) for this server which says following as "Enhancements"

* Integrity Lights Out web GUI with web console and remote integrated console

So if the server is not at this version, the existing system firmware would probably flash that message.

Take a look at this link.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1844071&swItem=ux-51415-2&prodNameId=1844072&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0
Avinash Agarkar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Simple way is connect the dump terminal or you laptop physically to mp console with console cable

stty +resetGSP

Thanks,
Avinash
Great Power Comes With Great Responsibility
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

There are users already logged in to MP console. They have to end their session or logout, this will enable new users to login
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial
Arun Vijay V C
Frequent Advisor

You need to run following commands from your ssh (do ssh to the server) session.

# stty +queryGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1
GSP is functional.
# stty +resetGSP < /dev/GSPdiag1
GSP reset succeeded.

After running these commands you should get GSP login prompt..