Integrity Servers
1754257 Members
3172 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: R3000 - Immediately server shutdown

Frekie

R3000 - Immediately server shutdown

We have several servers connected to a R3000. We use the HP Power Management Software thru serial connection. We have set up a sequence of shutdown which sould keep the servers alive for 5 minutes. Output is sufficient for over 17 minutes so that should be ok.

Whenever there is a minor power interruption - even for a few seconds or even less - all servers start to shutdown immediately.

We have no clue as where to start solving this problem. Any hint would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Frederik Vandersteene
Hardware can be hard
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

The power manager is a agent/manager software. The manager is running on the server that is connected to the UPS via the USB cable (or LAN). It monitors the UPS status.

The agents run on the remaining servers and rely on the manager for UPS status.

You have to start on the server that runs the manager, that is the server which monitors the UPS. Look for the HP Power Manager in "Programs" and run configure HP power manager.

I don't have one running right now so I can not give you any configuration details.

Also look in

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/power-manager/index.html?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=389240
TTr
Honored Contributor

I just realized this is under "integrity servers" so you may be running UNIX on these?

It is the same agent/manager setup. There is also a web server that runs on the manager server. You can connect to it with a web browser and configure it.

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00700333/c00700333.pdf

There are variations for UPSes with USB interfaces or multiple serial interfaces.

You have a lot of homework to do.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would just connect to the management page and check all the config. The software works pretty much the same way like on another OS.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Hi there :)

Chech the screen attached. I suppose there you have to change the config. For example - if you give a thick to the "input out of range" and the delay is still 0 minutes, it will happen exactly the same as in your description.

Hope this will help u :)

Kind regards,
Frekie

Hi All - thank you all for the comments. I will clarify some details.
Servers are all Windows 2003 Servers. Software does not seem a problem. I have it running and monitoring but whenever something happens with the power supply to the ups that causes it to run on its batteries the servers shutdown immediately.
In attachment the software config.
Tx again.
Frederik
Hardware can be hard