New Discussion юеВ

Re: Routing between two VLAN interfaces on HP 1950-48G Office Connect Switch

SOLVED
Go to solution
azkerm
Advisor

IP Conflict between two VLAN interfaces on HP 1950

Hi There,

I have two few VLANs configured on the above mentioned switch and I'm trying to configure IP addresses to two VLAN interfaces as below;

VLAN40 - 10.1.3.20/16

VLAN50 - 10.1.4.20/20

However, switch doesn't let me create the second interface as it says "This address conflicts with the IP address of another interface". I'm pretty sure this is because of the IPs being some but should it not conflict due to the mask being different? This is going to make me go nuts because it is really difficult to change a network which is already established.

EDIT:

I will also need to add a static route between the two interfaces for the users to communicate. How can I do that?

Any advise will be highly appriciated.

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Noob question: Isn't because the first desired IP Subnet (VLAN40) is a supernet of the second desired one (VLAN50)? ...or, conversly, the second is a sub-subnet of the first?

Is such VLAN(s) definition/configuration admitted?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
azkerm
Advisor

Thank you for the reply. It was a stupid question and later I figured this is due to the subnet/supernet conflict.

I have managed to do the IP change somehow and now I'm struggling to add a routing between the two so that I can communicate to VLAN40 from VLAN45 network... what I'm confused is how to do this...