108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how to find missing filesystem

SOLVED
Go to solution
joe_91
Super Advisor

how to find missing filesystem

we have veritas and we rebooted the system the dba wants me to mount a volume (fstab does not have an entry). he says this was a filesystem. how do i check to see if this volume was part of a filesystem (no entry in fstab). please help..

Thanks

Joe
3 REPLIES 3
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Solution

Re: how to find missing filesystem

Not sure what "we have veritas" is supposed to mean. If you intend to say that you are using VxVM, then that's something else. If you are using LVM, then you should be able to compare lvdisplay output vs /etc/fstab - any unmatched lvols are, potentially, your missing filesystem.

Pete

Pete
TTr
Honored Contributor

I assume you by Veritas you are using VxVM too.

If a mounted volume went missing either it was never added to /etc/fstab or it is commented out. If you can not get the volume infog for fstab and you do use VXVM, type "vxprint" and you will get a listing of all the VxVM volumes. You still need to look through the list and hopefully you will find some missing volumes.

Be very careful, there could still be unmounted volumes that are in use in RAW mode by a database. (You mentioned a DBA so he/she may be able to tell you about database raw volumes).

You should try and get a basic understanding of VxVM in your environment.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Joe, a vxprint -htr would help. You can also find your missing filesystem in the /dev/vx/dsk/your_dg directory.

Regards,
Robert-Jan