Operating System - HP-UX
1754285 Members
2811 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

unable to locate disk address in /etc/lvmtab....

John Joaquin
Occasional Contributor

unable to locate disk address in /etc/lvmtab....

Guys,

Badly need your help guys, i have this issue in /etc/lvmtab. We have EMC Symmetrix storage on our system. The case is one of the volume in one of our server experience a disk error ( BCV disk ) so i have to re-map a reserve disk to take the place of the defective disk. This defective this happens to be a BCV disk which we usually use for full DB synchronization for us to create a DB replica. So i re-mapped a new disk then proceeded with the disk sync but upon activating the VG using the new set of disks i keep on encountering this error "unable to locate address /dev/rdsk/c0t4d5 in /etc/lvmtab". Does anyone can help me with this.

FYI! I have done the same procedure twice in remapping the BCV disk but i'd never encounter such error as this....

thank's & kind regards,

John
4 REPLIES 4
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Re: unable to locate disk address in /etc/lvmtab....

Dear John,

Do you find the disk /dev/rdsk/c0t4d5 in ioscan in CLAIMED state and could you try #diskinfo to this disk ?

And which lvol is part of this disk and is that getting mounted ?

Nothing is Impossible !
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

Was this disk part of any vg?? If yes when you replaed it did you restore vg config on new disk??
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Indrajit_1
Valued Contributor

Hi;

Plz get the output of following commands.

#diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c0t4d5

#cat /etc/lvmpvg |grep /dev/dsk/c0t4d5

#vgdisplay -v |more

find , the disk belongs to which vg

???
let me know..

Cheers
indrajit
Never Ever Give Up
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Normally the device file for BCV disk is different. Still the problem could be due to corrupted /etc/lvmtab.

You could even back up /etc/lvmtab by coping to some other name and then could recreate it by

#vgscan -a v

The disk seems to be fine as the error reported is the entry for that disk in /etc/lvmtab not error accessing the disk or similar.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"