108795 Solutions
New Discussion

C soft bench binary compatibility

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ravi Narasshiman
Occasional Contributor

C soft bench binary compatibility

We are planning to migrate HPUX from 10.20 to HPUX 11i (64 bit). We've C binaries in 10.20 (made of B4085CBEng C.05.25 English C SoftBench S800 10.x).

We have to move these to the new environment and planning to compile the source code for 32 bit.

My first question is do we have C softbench for HPUX 11i? WHat is the product number?

My second question is to request the the experts opinion about the compatibility, issues, precautions and most important feasibility (whether it will work) of converting from 10.20 to 11i.

Thanks
Ravi

1 REPLY 1
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: C soft bench binary compatibility

Hi,

The C/ANSI C Softbench English is B6445EB; if your also need C++ then you want B6447EB.

One thing to note: The C / ANSI C compiler does still speak K & R if you have legacy code while the aC++ compiler does not speak K & R C.
If you need to do K&R C, ANSI C, and C++, you will need both compilers.

Normally, moving the source code to 11x is very easy. Unlike the move from 9x to 9x, all the libraries and executables directories remain in the same place. Typically, all that is needed to move move your source files and your make files and run make. Moreover almost all the 10.20 binaries will run in both 64-bit and 32-bit 11x.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.