1747980 Members
3925 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fortran Libraries

Jim McGuire

Fortran Libraries

I have to IA-64s, and I cannot get a specific engineering app to work on one of them. I've done waaaay too much disgnosis on disks, app install, etc, but still no go.

The vendor noitced that the error is very specific to FORTRAN, and he thought that I should "roll back" the system that does not work right to the version of FORTRAN that is on the system that does work right.

How does one figure this out??

I've looked at SWLIST, but there does not seem to be anything in there to tell me about those libraries.

Thank you in advance.

Scott
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Schroll
Frequent Advisor

Scott,

I happen to work for one of those "engineering app" companies. Though I do not work in the application Tech Support group, so I need to be careful with what authority I have to say cannot say here (I am only a Systems Administrator).

Try these two commands:

swlist -R | grep -i fortran
swlist -R | grep -i f90

Look for version numbers (2nd col) and compare those to a good system. Ignore Man Pages, Foreign Languages and junk like that. Just pay attention to libraries, compilers and patches.

More specifically, we require two large patch bundles for 11.23, from August 2004 and Sept. 2004. These may have been customized for us to solve a problem specific to our environment, but I can send you the (LARGE) list of patches in those bundles. I think one of the key patches in that set was PHSS_32231, Fortran I/O Library patch. Without that patch, our software has major problems.

No warranty implied or expressed.

-- Tom
If it ain't broke, it needs optimized.
Scott Sabo
Frequent Advisor

Tom,

I'm now replying with my account, not my "partners" account.

Not much diff. between the systems. I've attached a PDF that lists the differences.

Could there be corruption?

Very puzzled......

Scott
Tom Schroll
Frequent Advisor

Scott,

Am I reading the PDF file correctly in that you did not provide output for "swlist -R | grep -i fortran" for the working system?

Another thing is to compare all of the patches on the system and see what is differerent between the two. I honestly don't think there is a corruption more-so than a patch-level requirement.

"swlist -l patch" will show a list of all applied patches.

You can do:

"swlist -l patch | sort > systemA"
"swlist -l patch | sort > systemB"

(copy the systemA file to systemB)

"diff systemA systemB"

If reading diff output isn't your thing,
download and install xdiff from
http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Users/xdiff-1.4/

(you can probably install the 11.0 PA-RISC version and it will run through Aries emulation)

"xdiff systemA systemB"

See what is different and then back out or install patches to bring it to the same config as the working system. You can back out a patch by using swremove, but first make sure you have a good backup of your system and be extra careful with PHKL patches because those affect the kernel, meaning do those last after syncronize all other patches and the app still fails.

If you have software support through your vendor, you may want to try contacting the software with your patch lists and see if they can help you.

(I will not have access to this forum from August 19 through August 29, so hopefully someone else will be able to chime in to help you)

Good luck!

-- Tom
If it ain't broke, it needs optimized.