Operating System - HP-UX
1748159 Members
3805 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to compile on 64 bit machine(HP-UX) using aC++ compiler for 32 bit machine.

Ravi Bhave
Occasional Contributor

How to compile on 64 bit machine(HP-UX) using aC++ compiler for 32 bit machine.

Hi,

I am having problems to compile my application on 64 bit machine(PA RISC 2) to run on 32 bit machine(PA-RISC 1).
I am compiling my application on 64 bit machine using +DA1.1 and +DAPortable flags.(as per the online HP corss platform development documentation)
I also tried DAPortable+ and DS2.0 -N flags (as suggested earlier in this forum)

The errors I am getting are:
"aCC: warning 7000: Model number is unknown will defalut to 1.1b code generation(7000)."
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA2 object file (su9_prt.o) was detected. The linked output may not work on PA 1.x system.

su9_prt is my C++ program which compiles and works fine on 64 bit machine.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Ravi
4 REPLIES 4
Govind
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to compile on 64 bit machine(HP-UX) using aC++ compiler for 32 bit machine.

Hey Ravi
Did you try to setting up the variable OBJECT_MODE to 32 before compiling?
Regards
Govind
Dont try to fix something till it Aint Broke...Honesty is not always the best policy.....
Ravi Bhave
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for prompt reply. However can you help me to set the variable OBJECT_MODE.
Thanks again.
Ravi
susan gregory
Advisor

Hi Ravi,
The compiler directive +DA1.1 should be all you need.
If you are getting a warning about unknown model number you may have a problem with your model output not matching anything in your /opt/langtools/lib/sched.models file, although the error or problem could be caused by a typo. The correct flag to pass is +DAportable (no capital "P" on portable).
Since you are getting the warning about "at least one PA2.0 object detected" and the file it is pointing to su9_prt.o, that would imply that the link didn't default to PA1.1 after all.
You can use the 'file' command to see if su9_prt.o is PA1.1 or PA2.0.
Also, are you linking with the "aCC" command rather than linking with the "ld" command? The aC++ product does require that you use aCC to link.
Stanimir
Trusted Contributor

Hi!
This message mean that you build application on PA2.0.
To create portable code that also be run on PA1.1, the compiler option +DAportable must be used for ALL objects loaded into the executable.

Regards,Stan :)