1754193 Members
4416 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MySQLi Extension for PHP in HPWS Apache

JxD
Advisor

MySQLi Extension for PHP in HPWS Apache

I have a package that requires the MySQLi extensions for PHP. I find that the various MySQLi directives are in the PHP.ini file in the Apache conf directory. I have also made sure that the MySQL extension is uncommented and that MySQL is installed and running.

I can use the PHP MySQL base extensions to connect to MySQL just fine. However, the MySQLi extensions do not work. I'm beginning to think that HPWS Apache/PHP was not compiled with the the MySQLi libraries. Can anyone verify whether or not this is the case?
2 REPLIES 2
Frankie East

Re: MySQLi Extension for PHP in HPWS Apache

I need the mysqli extensions as well. I looked in the extension path and the library simply does not exist on disk, so I think they overlooked compiling it when building hpws.

If anyone happens to know where I could obtain it I'd be grateful. Else I have to modify alot of object-oriented code to use the older non-oo interface...
JxD
Advisor

Re: MySQLi Extension for PHP in HPWS Apache

Frankie:

I have since verified that the MySQLi extensions have not been compiled into HPWS Apache. I don't have information on whether or when they might be included.

For now the only option would be compiling a version of Apache/PHP that includes the MySQLi extensions but I have not attempted that yet.