5934 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with cpp process

Xavi Segura_1
Frequent Advisor

Problem with cpp process

Hello to all,

Some days ago update C200 of HP-UX 10.20 at 11i. I applied the bundles, patches, etc... and all correct one, but you pulled up the process cpp and he wastes away 100% of CPU, I have killed him, but when I reboot the machine it is pulled up again, now it takes 3 days running.
Some solution for this problem?

thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with cpp process

Did you do an upgrade from 10.20 to 11i, or did you perform a cold install of 11i?

cpp is the C++ compiler. You might have some startup scripts on your system that compiles some code after a reboot OR and I'm wondering if your upgrade has actually completed.

With this thought: Did your upgrade complete, it looks as if the system is still trying to compile something for some reason.

search your /sbin/init.d and your /etc/rc.config.d directories for the string "cpp"
Live Free or Die
Xavi Segura_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I made a migration from 10.20 to 11i, I believe that the migration was completed in a correct way and there was not any error. The server works correctly, since I have gone down him nice to the cpp, but it continues consuming 100% of the CPU.
In the directories that you have indicated me, I have not found anything of the cpp.

Greetings and thank you
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

If you don't aready have "lsof", then download it from:
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/lsof-4.55/

Then using the lsof command, check to see what files that process has open. Then from there you can probably determine what is starting it.
Live Free or Die
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hola Xavi

Pues indicado ya el cpp es c + + compilador y si se ejecuta despu?s de que un reboot entonces cualquier una aplicaci?n est? comenzando la o el sistema operativo s? mismo.

Intente hacer un sistema que el hallazgo ancho para el cpp. de la cadena. ejecuta esto del directorio de ra?z.

find . -type f -print -exec grep cpp {} \;

Paula

Hello Xavi

As already stated cpp is the c + + compiler and if it runs after a reboot then either an application is starting it or the operating system itself.

Try doing a system wide find for the string ?cpp?.
Run this from the root directory.

find . -type f -print -exec grep cpp {} \;

I hope this helps.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Xavi Segura_1
Frequent Advisor

Hello Paula,

Thank you for your help, but I have reported the problem to HP.
I believe that the problem is for the xrdb that is not able to find the language.

Thank you for your interest.
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi Xavi
The 10.2 cpp version not at all compatible with 11.0/11i. where as cpp on 11.0 is compatible with 11i.so remove the cpp from machine and install the higher version of aC++.

But i am surprised to see that u have upgraded from 10.2 to 11i successfully.
never give up