108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Starbase problem with Fortran

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

It looks like you need to fix up the include lines for the dl header files. That error message complains about fildes
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

I don't know how my last posting got so truncated.

It looks like you need to fix up the include lines for the dl header files.
That error message complains about fildes 2063865000, which is a really bad number for a fildes, but reasonable value for the address of a local variable on the stack.
It looks like the "call open_segment" and other uses of dl.h functions passed fildes by reference as it would if there was no correct
header file declaration for the functions. I have attached a version of simple_f.f that includes the right f90 header files.
Yong Zhang
Occasional Advisor

Is there any document I can refer to for the Starbase error number, e.g., 'Starbase error 2054'?

Thanks a lot.
Yong
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

You can get the strings for starbase error numbers from-
dumpmsg /opt/graphics/common/lib/nls/msg/C/hpgfx.cat
There is no document with expanded explaination of possible causes.
Error 2054 is "Exec failed.".
It is probably a failure starting one of the background process commands in /opt/graphics/common/lbin .
You could use the tusc utility on 11.0 to look for why an exec failed. It is available from
http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/tusc-7.0/
Yong Zhang
Occasional Advisor

Now I have no problem with the remote display (Exceed) for 'simple_f', but there is just nothing displayed in that window I specified ('sb_win' with 'xwcreate') for 'stick_leg_f.f'. Any suggestions? Pls. refer to the attachment for the '.f' files.

Thanks,
Yong
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

The problem with stick_leg_f.f is likely to me that you are using Exceed in 24 bit mode but the example uses a default color of pixel value 1. That would be practically black on black.
You can call line_color(fildes, 0.1, 0.4, 0.9)
to make the program use a particular RGB line color.
It seems that the library assumes a particular RGB encoding, so it may get the red, green , and blue channels confused when displayed to exceed. You will also see much faster drawing for simple lines if you force the driver to 'sox11' instead of the default 'hpvmx' that uses software rasterization to support depth comparisons.