1752806 Members
5601 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cc: Internal error 8203.

Mark Haye

cc: Internal error 8203.

I'm trying to compile with ANSI C and get the subject error. The module compiles OK with +O2 (or -O). This message appears with +O3. I have PHSS_21222 and PHSS_21223 installed (AFAIK, the latest maintenances for ANSI C compiler).

The complete command line is:
cc +O3 -c +u1 -Aa -w +e -D_INCLUDE_XOPEN_SOURCE -D_INCLUDE_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -D_INCLUDE_POSIX_SOURCE -I.././build -I.././hp -I.././adm -I.././bf -I.././cc -I.././cs -I.././db -I.././drm -I.././ht -I.././id -I.././im -I.././log -I.././lvm -I.././pm -I.././pvr -I.././sm -I.././sql -I.././ss -I.././tm -I.././util -I.././xi -I.././lm -I.././dev/common/dd/include -I.././dev/common/erp/include -I.././dev/common/trace/include -I.././dev/unix/common/include -I.././dev/unix/hp/include -I.././hp/sys -I.././hp smexec.c

Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Re: cc: Internal error 8203.

The only thing I can think of is incressing maxdsize / swap ?

I'd wait a bi,t I'll get one of our programming guys to have a look, Andy Parry over too you .......
Pete Conneely
Advisor

Re: cc: Internal error 8203.

You appear to be up-to-date with your patches.

It is not a common error message. From what I can see it appears to have been resolved in the past by up-ing the swap, as AlexG suggests.

Remove the 'w' from your compile line, see if you get any further clues.

How about trying '+Oinfo' and/or '+Osize'. Have a look at the other optimisation options.

Take a look at URL;
http://devresource.hp.com/devresource/Topics/Optimization/Perf.html ..
You might find some useful general info on optimising etc...