Operating System - HP-UX
1747984 Members
4839 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.

Alianto
Advisor

error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to suppress this error ?

i encounter this errors when compiling the following codes,

cc -I. -I/apps/oracle/ora817/precomp/public -I/apps/oracle/ora817/rdbms/public -I/apps/oracle/ora817/rdbms/demo -I/apps
/oracle/ora817/plsql/public -I/apps/oracle/ora817/network/public -Ae -c PGC0110D.c
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored.
(Bundled) cc: "PGC0110D.c", line 180: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "PGC0110D.c", line 188: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
(Bundled) cc: "PGC0110D.c", line 209: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.
*** Error exit code 1

Appreciate the solution on this.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Yes, you can suppress this message by purchasing the ANSI/C compiler or the C++/C compiler, aCC. The bundled C compiler only understands the K&R C dialect and it is really only intended for building kernels --- though it can be used for limited development.

Another option is to downlod the Gnu C compiler, gcc, from any of the HP-UX Porting Centre's.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
susan gregory_1
Valued Contributor

Hi!
If you look at the installation manual for Oracle, it will tell you that you must installed a purchasable compiler, either Ansi C, Ansi C++, COBOL or FORTRAN 90, so the bundled C compiler is not going to have all the "bells and whistles" required.