4380 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

link errors on HP-UX B.11.22 U ia64

Satya_6
Frequent Advisor

link errors on HP-UX B.11.22 U ia64

Hi group,

I am building an application linking almost 250 static libraries (my own .a libraries) and the standard shared libraires (-lc -lMrm -lXm -lXt -lXext -lGL -lGLU -lXmu -lX11 -lm -lpthread)

The source 'c' files are compiled (to get the archieves) using cc and linked using aCC.

I could build the version successfully on a HP-UX 11.11 PA-RISC system, but I am getting the following errors while linking on the said itanium based system.

ld: The value 0xffffffffffd74fa8 does not fit when applying the relocation PLTOFF22 for symbol "sprintf" at offset 0x22 in section index 17 of file ../../hplib/libScript.a[vscrsyut.o]
ld: The value 0xffffffffffd74938 does not fit when applying the relocation PLTOFF22 for symbol "malloc" at offset 0xb2 in section index 17 of file ../../hplib/libScript.a[vscrsyut.o]

I am getting 56912 of such errors for both standard library symols like sprintf, fclose, malloc ... and also my own functions.

Please help me out.

I am using A.05.36 version compiler.

Also I am using the following compile and link options.

-Aa -Ae +Z -O +Oprocelim +Ofastaccess +Ofast +eh +Z -z +d

-s -Wl,+s

TIA
satya

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: link errors on HP-UX B.11.22 U ia64

It is possible the problem is due to +Ofast which used to set +Oshortdata. You should be able to fix the problem by adding +Oshortdata=8 or going to 11.23 by now. :-)