4719 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

ProCurve AP420 and virtual machines

Stefan Kreft
Occasional Contributor

ProCurve AP420 and virtual machines

Hello everybody,

maybe someone from you has an idea: I'm using a AP420 access point and have succesfully connected my physical machines via WiFi to my cable network. For simplicity the VLAN features of the AP are disabled (simple at-home-network). The physcal machines recieving a IP from my DHCP server - everything fine.

I'm running on my Mac Oracle virtual Box as virtualization software. The VMs running under this solution can not recieve an IP-Adress from my DHCP server. The request is timing out. When I configure the VM with an static IP in the correct range from my wired LAN there is no problem. The VMs are configured under Virtual Box as bridget network clients, so they have an own MAC adress. Reconfiguring the VM as NAT to the host is working.

From my point of view there's something like an filter on the AP, disallowing more then one MAC over the same connection. Is there something like this?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks and a nice Weekend.

Stefan

1 REPLY 1
Colin_Smith

Re: ProCurve AP420 and virtual machines

You know what im experience a similar issue.

My VMs recieve dhcp addresses fine, its just that wireless devices on my Ap 420 sometimes cant ping those virtual machines.

But they can ping hardware devices perfectly fine.

I wish i can work out whats causing the problem, i have 3 of these things and apart from this one issue they are awesome.